A HUGE thank you to Beccamy for nominating me for The Liebster Award! I will be honest, I hadn’t heard of this award before but after doing a spot of research it’s a wonderful little award designed to get us bloggers to know one another a little better. There is no award as such, unless you count getting to know your fellow bloggers and being made to feel involved in the blogger community, which I do.
So here goes:
Post 11 facts about yourself
Post your answers to the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
Include the Liebster Award image in the post and sidebar
11 Facts About Me
1. I love how books smell. I often sniff books before I buy them, if they smell bad they go back on the shelf!!
2. I was born and raised in Cornwall I have been living in London for almost two years and I miss that little seaside place with all my heart, Cornwall will always be my home.
3.I am never more at home than when sitting with a sea view.
4. I play the piano, clarinet and saxophone. I used to play in a few windbands and the Cornwall Youth Wind Orchestra when I was younger and I miss playing a lot.
5. I love Breton striped tops, if it were possible I would wear them every day!
6. I like to surf, I bought my board on the last day of my GCSE exams and she’s still perfect!!
7. I love sewing and making things and would love to spend every day being crafty.
8. My dream home would have a library with a big window seat where I could sit and read.
9. I am desperate to spend a year travelling around the US with the chap stopping at all the quirky roadside attractions (the hotel in the shape of a dog is top of my list!) and photographing every step of our journey.
10. I am a vegetarian and I have been since I was eight years old.
11. Sometimes I love living in London, sometimes I hate it.
1. How did you come to blogging?
I have had a love of writing since I was really young and started off with a blog when I was at school (a really self-centred blog about how hard my life was – it wasn’t), then a little travel blog whilst I was travelling in 2007. Since then I have used a variety of blogging platforms to practice and hone in my writing styles, and that’s where I am today.
2. Do you speak any other languages than your native tongue?
A little French, I studied right through college as part of the IB and even wrote a 4000 word essay about Breton culture in French. I can muddle through a conversation still although I am a little rusty. I can also just about muster up enough Spanish to see me through a holiday!
3. Where do you like to shop for clothes?
Since I have been on an eco mission People Tree has been my shop of choice.
4. How tall are you?
I think I measure in around the 5’8 mark.
5. What is your most cherished beauty product?
My most cherished beauty product would probably be my Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick. It’s just a beautiful, subtle colour and I bought it for a wedding so every time I wear it I am reminded of that day.
6.What is your favourite way to travel?
I love long train journeys.
7. Do you like to read? if so, what are you reading at the moment?
I love reading and can usually be found with my head in a book. I’m currently reading Down and Out In Paris and London by George Orwell.
8. What part of your makeup routine do you enjoy most?
Do you know what, I really enjoy taking it all off with a refreshing face wipe!
9. What part of your skincare routine do you enjoy most?
I really enjoy applying moisturiser to my face, I always feel so refreshed after.
10. Jeans or a Dress?
Always, always, always a dress!! I only own one pair of jeans.
11. Hot Chocolate, Tea or Coffee?
Of these three I would pick hot chocolate, although I’m not really a fan of hot drinks (which gets me playfully picked on by everyone I know!) I am rather partial to the odd hot squash every now and again though!
1. What or who inspires you to blog?
2.Who is your favourite author?
3.What three things could you not live without?
4. If you could visit anywhere where would you go?
5. Do you like to read? If so, what are you currently reading?
6. Which five people, dead or alive, would you invite to a dinner party?
7. If you could live in any era which era would it be?
8. If you could be part of any novel which novel would you choose?
9. What is your favourite quote?
10. If you could change the ending to any film or book what would it be and how would you alter it?
11. What’s your favourite joke?
Check out my nominees blogs, they are all amazing and unique, I hope you love reading them as much as I do .