So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good bye! See ya later, 2013.
Another blog, another post about the dawn of a New Year and a whole lot of promises we won’t keep!
I had a little read through last years obligatory resolutions post and although I initially thought I hadn’t stuck to any of them on reflection it wasn’t quite so bad…
- I know every year I make the resolution to keep up to date with my blog, and this year is no different, only this time I will try to update weekly. – Ok, so not a complete strike through but I have been much better than I usually am, but it is no surprise that this will be resurfacing again on this years list!
- To get sexy legs – which is basically cut out the sugars and start running. – Okay, this definitely didn’t happen, BUT, I have signed up for 10k in May and have started training, you can follow my progress (or lack there of) here
- To resolve problems when they occur and let go of grudges, as Marmee March says, “Don’t let the sun go down upon your anger; forgive each other, help each other, and begin again tomorrow” – I am getting better at this, and I have had a lot of practice this year! HA
- To save, save, save and get that bank balance look jolly healthy. – I have saved, saved, saved and even started to pay back some student loan! SUCCESS
- By the end of the year to have my foot on the first rung of a real job ladder – Still hanging around the bottom rung but I’ve already started for the first one this week… keep those fingers crossed, readers.
- have opened, or be on the way to opening, my own Etsy shop. – Ok. This was a complete and utter failure. I would still like to do it, but I’m not pinning hopes on it this year!
- I vow to sew sew sew and start making my own clothes – This one I managed to do. I have collected lots patterns, read all the blogs and books, and sewn my little socks off. New cushion covers adorn our sofa, and an array of skirts have taken residence in my wardrobe. I even made the dress I wore for Christmas Day! I love sewing and I can’t wait to see what I have created by this time next year
So there’s a run down of last years resolutions, but what about this year’s you say? Well…
- Put a minimum of £10 in a jar every week, that way rather than spending it on a sly hot chocolate here and there I will have an untouched £520 pounds by the end of the year.
- Run more – I mentioned this earlier. I signed up for the BUPA 10K, so I have no excuse not to hit the streets running!
- Become a ballerina (ha!) – Or at least go to some adult ballet classses. I have found some in Clerkenwell that teach absolute beginner adults! I can’t wait.
- As always, write more. I have even written a list of topics so the old “I can’t think of anything to write” excuse is no more!
So there we have it. Fairly simple goals, but ones that should see me grow and help me through the coming year.
How did you all do with your 2013 resolutions? Do any of them over lap with this years?
Thanks for reading and happy new year!